What is Erasmus Student Network (ESN)?
Erasmus Student Network, founded in 1990, is an Europe student organisation, formed by volunteers, which the main goal is to support students on exchange programs,
making easier the personal and social integration in their host institutions.
ESN is organised on a local, national and international level.
In 1990, in Copenhagen, ESN International became a legal association. Since then, ESN has been growing considerably. By now, ESN has around 480 local associations in 37 countries and is the biggest student organisation helping international students, in Europe.
The main goals are:
- Improve the social and personal integration of foreign students at the receiving institution;
- Provide relevant information about academic exchange programmes and student mobility in general (to incoming and also to outgoing students);
- Make exchange students active in our network;
- Contribute to the improvement of the European mobility programmes based on the experiences of exchange students.
At a national level, Portuguese Network (ESN Portugal) has 12 local ESN sections and one of them is ESN Covilhã.
About ESN Covilhã...
ESN Covilhã, founded in 2012, is formed by Portuguese volunteer students whose most of them had already done an exchange program before joined to ESN.
We work to facilitate the integration of international students and give them the best experience of their lives. We provide valuable informations about daily
and academic life in Covilhã and, during all year, we perform many activities for foreign students, including:
- City tours in Covilhã, in the first days of mobility
- Organized trips around Portugal
- The best parties for exchange students, with some offers and discounts
- Sports activities
- International dinners
- Social and cultural events